I had some black (surprise!) cotton lying around that I meant to use as lining for a dress, but as I've not got around doing that yet I decided to put it to 'better' use and make what will hopefully be a wearble mock-up of the blouse. I also got to test out the machete/french curve I bought in NYC, I keep wondering how on earth I survived without one. No doubt I'll be hoarding more and more 'useful' sewing notions into my collection after this realistion ,D
Markinng with a machete
The cutting went fine (or that's what I thought), the darts are in the right place and the top seems to sit quite right. I will need to shorten the hem as it looks a tad on the long side. The next thing will be attaching the collar, so far the instructions have confused me a bit and I'll probably end up doing it backwards.